This website is a space for community activists living near mines in southern Africa to share information, resources and experiences.
The countries currently participating in this project are: Lesotho, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Mozambique and Tanzania.
Activists in each country document problems they experience and events they participate in and share this on a WhatsApp group. These posts are then shared on this site in the respective country blogs. Each country, in addition, maintains their own country blog.
This website and the activities are a joint project of several organisations in southern Africa. These include:
- The Bench Marks Foundation – South Africa
- Southern Africa Resource Watch (SARW) – Southern Africa
- Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA) – Zimbabwe
- Centre for Environment Justice (CEJ) – Zambia
- Associação de Apoio e Assistência Jurídica às Comunidades (AAAJC) – Mozambique
- Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), Tanzania
- Maluti Community Development Forum – Lesotho
The activities of this project are managed by the Bench Marks Foundation on behalf of regional